Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Back.....Again.

I have returned.

Again.

I know, I know. I'm a slacker.

Well, yes. I am a slacker, but at the same time, there have been external forces at work preventing me from devoting much time to those pursuits that I wish to.

The first thing that has prevented me from posting, has been the ISP problems I described in my previous post. Yes, Optus had allowed us to connect, but only at dial up speeds. I didn't really do any surfing at all while we had dial up access. I tried it a few times, but just found things too excruciatingly S L O W. I guess I had become accustomed to the relative speed of DSL. (I will not refer to DSL as broadband considering the level of broadband speed experienced by people in other countries. Those that consider DSL to be on a level with dial up).

Anyway, we were finally reconnected to DSL. It only took 3 weeks to get things back to normal, thanks to finally getting a replacement modem (even though I told customer support it was a modem problem within the first week).

When we finally got a decent internet connection happening, it was getting well into the silly season. Christmas day was just around the corner, so the annual tirade of family visits, interspersed with the enjoyable visits of friends (thanks to Harrangue Man's Mikey Capital and his good wife!) consumed just about every waking hour. Then, after Christmas it is the limbo days before New Year's. I always find those days bizarre. It is a period in time when you don't feel you can really start anything. Half of the businesses in town close down totally between Christmas and New Year's. Well, at least they do in this city/town. I know in the major capitals, most things stay open, but out here in the rural towns and cities of Australia it is the opposite.

Anyway, I have been a slacker, but it has not all been my fault either. I do feel guilty though. I guess my New Year's resolution can be to keep up with a (fairly) regular posting schedule, so all my adoring legions of fans (*cricket's chirping*) can get their daily/weekly/monthly DPS fill.

No comments: